Sunday, January 19, 2014

Roy Dean




Roy Dean has been my friend for a number of years and is an instructor who I admire.   

Roy is one of the more well-known Jiu-Jitsu instructors out there, has numerous videos and has some of the best technique I have seen.  For those who don’t know who Roy Dean is, he is a second degree black belt (under Roy Harris) who teaches and lives in Bend Oregon.   Roy recently sent me his newest video “Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: Black Belt Requirements.”  He has no idea I’m writing this review by the way.

I was a bit under the weather the other day so I spent the day in bed sick, watching Roy’s video.   It was a very productive sick day I must say.  I really enjoyed his video and was glad I watched it.   

Roy has a great way of breaking down the technique so that anyone can understand it!  This is what I strive for.  I also love the way Roy applies arm bars, very smooth, I’m almost envious.  I DO want to call B.S. on the title, “Black Belt Requirements. “  These are moves are so awesome and easy that a blue belt can get a lot out of them!

Roy brought me to his school a couple years ago to do a seminar.  He put my wife and I up in one of the nicest hotels we have had the pleasure to be in.  We have always remembered that hotel.  Why am I telling you this?…Because Roy Dean has class…that’s why. =)

Check out Roy at http://www.roydeanacademy.com/  You will be glad you did.



Go to www.bjjmoves.com and enter your email for more videos and special emails from Keith Owen.

1 comment:

  1. Roy Harris is ‘such’ a great bjj professor. I have several of his DVD’s over the years and he has been a big influence in my journey. I would recommend his seminars, DVD’s and any other format of him teaching you can get.

    P.S. Roy Dean, ditto the above!

    ReplyDelete